domingo, 10 de maio de 2009

Search Images With a Single Click (Optimized Version) 1.0

"Search Images With a Single Click (Optimized Version)" is an addon to make searching for images easier. It can be found here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11881

How many times when you were reading a webpage, you saw a name on it and wanted to know how does that person looked like? Then you would select the name, copy it, go to Goggle, click "search images", paste the text, click "start search"... it's too annoying!

So I started using an addon called "Search Images With a Single Click". It worked ok, but the source code was a mess, it took something like 10 seconds to start searching. After using it for about one year, I got tired of my laziness and decided to fix it myself.

The result is "Search Images With a Single Click (Optimized Version)".

Below is the long description found at the mozilla download site.
..........
"Search Images With a Single Click (Optimized Version)" is an addon heavily based on the existent "Search Images With a Single Click" addon created by Liapis-Trubetskoi.

This addon can be found here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3029

I used it for about one year, but it always bothered me making me wait for something like 10 to 20 seconds every time I made a search. I decided to rewrite the core of the code to make it work right.

Now it's lightning fast :-)
..........

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário